Friday, July 11, 2008

So long, Cornell...

Today (actually, looking at the time, yesterday) was my last day here in Cornell. It was all right weather wise, a little rain here and there, like when we first landed here. Did my final, and had the last lecture. That class was pretty intense, and I found out that we had the hardest class in the program. Lucky us. Although my grades may not seem to reflect it, I learned a lot in my course. All very interesting, to see why people do the things that they do. It helped revealed things about myself that I did not know. I definitely recommend this class to future students, but be warned that it requires some intense thinking.

Cornell overall was a very big experience. I learned a lot, about myself, and about others. Cornell is definitely one of the most beautiful places I have been too (and that's something, because we all know, California is just GORGEOUS all around). Although the usual city things that I am used to aren't around here, it made me appreciate nature (except for the bugs). One of my most favorite parts of Cornell is when I would walk to class in the morning. When passing a bridge that goes over this man-made waterfall type thing, and beyond it is this sparkling lake with the green-est of green trees. No wonder they sell so many postcards of different parts of Cornell here. The scenery is definitely something to show off.

The Ivy League Connection, of course, is the thing that has brought me here. And thanks to the Ivy League Connection, I have memories that are forever unforgettable. Two years at Brown, and this year at Cornell has brought me something that I never even dreamed of before. What are the chances of this type of experience happening to me? It is just....amazing. I am thankful for what I have learned, the most, about myself. As I have said in my previous blog, I have my own voice. And I could not have found it if it wasn't for this whole thing.

Thank You times a million

~Yoline Banerjee

1 comment:

Don Gosney said...

Thank you, Yoline, for making the time to share your experiences with us.

It's great to read about how you've grown through this program and learned so much about yourself.

This is especially important because of these revelations you've made about who and what you are and your newfound confidence that should allow you to move through life in control over your own destiny.

We look forward to hearing more from you after you've returned home and gotten some much deserved rest.