Monday, July 14, 2008

It's really over?

Wow, two days after our plane landed at SFO, and I'm still trying to take it all in.
This experience has been one of the best of my life, and I can honestly say that I'll be starting Pinole this year as a new person. I've grown in so many ways and learned so much not only about myself, but also about life itself.
I've learned what it's like to be in a real college class, to live on my own and do my own laundry. I've learned what it's like to meet and interact with different people, and how to take pride in where I come from and in what I can teach others who aren't as fortunate as I am to come from a place as interesting as the Bay Area. I've learned about the origins of western political thought, and how to apply them to the sometimes not as free, nor as just, nor as equal as we may like to think world today. And most importantly, I've learned that the world is so much bigger, and although frightening and stressful at times, is a place full of amazing opportunities and expereiences, much like this one, that I cannot wait to explore and become a part of.
I'll never forget Cornell, the people in it, my class, nor how fortunate I am to have been able to learn and experience so much.
Thank you so much for the opportunity.

-Theresa

2 comments:

Don Gosney said...

Theresa--Sounds like maybe we got our money's worth out of your experience in Ithaca. You learned a lot about the way the world really works and learned about doing laundry as well. Talk about a 2fer.

Now we'll be watching to see what you do with your newfound education.

We'll expect big things out of you and your cohorts. You can either change the world or open up your own laundromat. Both positions are needed these days.

Tammy Campbell said...

Theresa,
You and your fellow students need to be applauded for all your hard work and effort.

You have all shown such growth and your leadership will be key to make things change at your high school.

Keep up the good work.
Tammy