Sunday, July 20, 2008

Reflection - noitcelfeR

Time for my reflection on the Cornell trip....

In the beginning, I wasn't so sure on what was going to happen. I was going to be thousands of miles from home with only a few people I knew and, gee, let me tell you, the thought was pretty scary. But it turned out to be not that bad.

Once I was settled into my dorm room and social activities began, the kids I met and experiences I had were just like home. I began to feel like I've known the people there all my life, like we had years of memories within those three short weeks.

"Wow, three weeks. That's a long time." That was my mentality before I left. Then in the last few days it was "Nooooo!!!!! It was too short! I'm gonna miss everyone!!!" And then we were all shipped off to our own states and countries.

I've only been home for a week, yet I've told the stories of the fun times from the college probably a million times.

Being at the college was just like being in school over back here in Pinole. The course was just like an AP course (most like my AP US History class last year). All the elements were there: a great teacher, a rigorous syllabus, great friends/students, and even some kids that, well, were obviously not all there.

Nonetheless, it feels good to be home. I have forensics camp on Fridays and I start band camp in less than three weeks. I can't wait! (I get to play quads!)

It's good to be back.

'Til next time,
Chels

1 comment:

Charles Ramsey said...

Thanks Chelsey. I am glad that you know have had a chance to reflect on the experience at Cornell. I found it humorous that you had as your subject line reflection spelled backward. It took me a moment to figure out what you were doing but I eventually caught on. Cute.

It also sounds like you are happy to be back home and I hope that you are enjoying the time back. I am also glad that the time at Cornell was fun and that you found the time on campus worthwhile. Yes, Professor Isaac Kramnick is a wonderful man and he is a phenominal person who values what we are doing with the Ivy League Connection.

I look forward to seeing you and Lucin playing in the band at Pinole Valley during football season.

Go Spartans!

Charles T. Ramsey
School Board Member
West Contra Costa
Unified School District