Monday, July 14, 2008

Not quite the end

Hey everyone, its jared checking in. Sorry for the delay on this post my computer has been acting up. On saturday I began my journey back to cornell bright and early at 3 o'clock with charles and the the Brown students. When i arrived in philadelphia i ran into the other group of students who had just completed their three weeks at Cornell university. This wasn't planned in any way and was a very nice surprise. After discussing their experience over lunch at TGI Fridays, I continued on my way to Cornell. I arrived at ithaca airport at approximately 7 o'clock and caught a taxi back to cornell where i met Andre Miuken who assisted me in moving back into my room. I was then reunited with some of my friends who were here from the earlier session who were doing another class, along with those who were doing a six week course.  Later that day we went to college town bagels and i got a milkshake. On sunday afternoon i had to go to class orientation and it was pouring. I actually got soaked from head to toe. It was soooooo bad. Later i went to the mall to get some towels because for the second time in a row i forgot to pack towels. On monday morning I went to class at 8:30 which in my opinion is way too early in the morning. After that i went back to the dorms and finished my reading. which puts us approximately this time in the evening. More to follow.

6 comments:

Don Gosney said...

Jared--Great to hear from you.

How fortuitous that you ran into some of our people in Philly. If you have to spend time in an airport, it may as well be with people you know.

We're all glad you made it back to Ithaca in time to join in some of their rainy day activities.

You and I share the same distaste for early morning classes. Early morning anything for that matter. I always excelled at late night activities. Even now I work until about 3:30 or 4, go to bed and then rise again around 9:30 after the sun's already done it's damage.

You understand, Jared, now that you're our only Ivy Leaguer left at Cornell that you'll have to carry the whole load as far as the blogging goes. We'll be expecting maybe 3-5 blogs from you per day so you can hold up your end. If you're computer's all whacked then we'll cut you some slack and if they expect you to go to class, study and do some of that homework stuff, we'll cut you some more slack but other than that we expect you to tell us everything about what's happening to you.

Mjawad said...

Hi my son,

I agree with Don, we like to hear more. Not to add any stress....but it is so nice to read. Dr. Roeder has actually learned how to use this blog and should be writing you soon. Try to take some pictures for us. I hope you neck starts to feel better, don't sleep in that position when you come home. Let your Ivey league buddies from the first class know you are keeping the blog alive so they can write you.

Thing here are going ok. You will miss the EC city council meeting but let Jamaya know she should come. Jenya comes home today and will write you too.

Love you.

Tammy Campbell said...

Hey Jared, glad to hear you are back at Cornell. I know that you will take this opportunity and teach us all something. Can't wait to hear about your classes and your impressions of the people and faculty you meet. Good luck and looking forward to hearing from you!
Tammy

Mr. Reimann said...

Jared,
I am extremely proud of you. Your determination and focus on seeing your Cornell experience through to fruition is commendable.

Charles Ramsey said...

Jared,

I just got back from Brown and I wanted to give you a shout out. We are all pulling for you to have a great time.

Everyone is very proud of you and we wish you well. Ms. Kronenberg and I had a good learning experience on the East Coast. It looks like next year we will add Harvard and Yale. So the Ivy League Connection continues to grow.

Take care.

Charles T. Ramsey

Caputo said...

Jared,

Glad to see you have settled back in. From reading the other blog entries, it sounds like you're going to have a blast out there meeting new people and taking classes. You are getting the college experience early!!! Have fun and get in touch when you return home.

Caputo