Monday, July 7, 2008

The last week...

And the last full weekend here too! :( It was a well spent weekend, full of lots of fun and not as much studying, but I still got some in there! The Fourth of July was extremely enjoyable, when we went to the mall and went to a dance later. I hadn't been in a dance since eighth grade, so it was definately enjoyable!

The morning after, we went to the Farmers Market which was soooo beautiful and so big! I enjoyed eating a cinnamon roll and sampling some pesto that tasted just like my dad's, which is a definite plus! I bought these wonderful cards from a woman who is a photographer and one of the best that I've seen. Her cards were so beautiful, I couldn't resist! Later that day, we went on a campus tour with Ms. Kronenberg, which convinced me that I should definately consider applying to Cornell for college. When we were done, I took the best nap of my life before the boat cruise. The best part of the boat cruise was the sunset, hands down. I got so many pictures that turned out wonderful and I took it for the rest of the time. It was one of the most beautiful things I've seen.

Sunday came and it consisted of the Ithaca Commons, where I bought 5 books that I will enjoy reading, laundry and studying. It was more of a day to relax and recuperate after "a hard weekend of partying," if you want to put it that way.

Today, we got our midterms back in the Freedom and Justice class. As expected, I got a "B." It wasn't a shocker, but my TA's comments showed me that I have a lot of room to improve. Now, I have to go and study for the final on Friday!

- Lucina

1 comment:

Don Gosney said...

AHA! The P word is finally being used!

We've known all along that all you kids are doing is partying night and day and now, when your defenses are down, you finally admit it in writing.

And why is that we've seen very few photos and videos of what's going on in the classrooms but plenty of photos of the "parties" you all seem to be attending.

Boat cruises, farmer's markets, dances--this is just kid speak for party, party party. I know the lingo.

Of course, you walk by a library or a quad, snap a foto and post it to make us think you're really attending classes but we all know better.

Okay--if I'm wrong, I'm wrong and I'll backtrack. Ms. Neal vouches for you and even Ms. Kronenberg so maybe you really are going to class and studying.

Okay, forget what I wrote about your partying addiction and get back to the books.