Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Half of summer college is over!

Midterm=half of summer college is already over.

I'm in shock. It feels like I've only been here for a few days, yet we've already covered the Old/New Testament, St. Augustine/Aquinas, Locke, Plato, and now we're covering 3 more!

I was surprised that the midterm was a lot easier than I thought it'd be. I was up until almost 2 a.m. last night, exchanging questions and testing my friend online. I was so afraid I wasn't prepared enough. I hope I didn't do too bad. I'm pretty sure I did pretty good. Too much confidence seems to be bad luck for me.

Well, fireworks are tonight. July 2, not July 4. Weird. But it'll be nice watching fireworks from a great view.

-Jeannie

2 comments:

Charles Ramsey said...

This is not the time to be in shock. This is the time to stay focused and finish the job. Your hard work will pay dividends if you see the program through to its conclusion. You just have six remaining days of classes.

I want you to visualize the finish line. See the tape and continue to run as hard as possible. Once you hit the tape, the exhiliaration and joy will come rushing out of your body. Just imagine all the joy when you are finally finished. Remember the originally interview when you were selected at Pinole Valley High School by the panel and where you are now. It has been a great run.

When you are prepared everything appears easy, however, it was the study and commitment to excellence that lead to you believing that the mid term was easy. The professor does not want the exam to be easy, he wants the exam to tell him what you know about the subject matter. Are you able to communicate to him his vision.

Remember, Freedom and Justice is a mind set. It is a way to look at the world and the way we orientate ourselves to others. Now is the time to learn all you can about Cornell. This last ten days will allow you to explore the campus and examine the aspects that make an Ivy League Campus great. I cannot encouarge you enough to walk the campus, take in the gorges and speak to as many students as possible. This is your moment in time and you have a chance to bring back valuable memories.

Hope all else is well and keep up the good work.

Charles T. Ramsey
School Board Member
West Contra Costa
Unified School District

Madeline Kronenberg said...

Jeannie,

Nice job. I'm really glad you worked so hard and I know it will pay off. This last week should be as exciting and academically challenging as the first two -- especially with the final coming up. So, keep on your study game -- but be sure to have a good time while your are at it.

Take best care.