Friday, July 11, 2008

My Reflections

We had our final today. It wasn't as hard as I expected it to be. My friend and I were on the phone past 2:30 organizing all the philosphers' views on justice and the role of government.

After the final, my friends and I just wandered around the campus.

After dinner, Chelsey, our new friend Laurence, and I walked around the art quad. We reflected on what happened these past 3 weeks and they began crying because they were going to miss Cornell and this summer college experience so much. (unfortunately, I was unable to shed any tears).

Overall, this summer college experience was great. It was more than just earning that A in class. We learned responsiblity, leadership, and we made lifelong friends. I'm definitely sure that we'll keep in touch for a long time via facebook/phone.

These past 3 weeks have passed by too quickly. If it weren't for the photos I took or the notes I wrote from lecture these past 3 weeks, I would never have believed that time passed so quickly. I don't regret making the decision about going to Cornell summer college at all. It's an unforgettable and incomparable experience.

Well, it's time to pack my luggage and return to my home, the bay area.

-Jeannie

1 comment:

Don Gosney said...

Another fine report, Jeannie.

We keep reading of the many success stories from those of you we sent back east and it makes us feel good about what we've been able to accomplish.

I'm glad that you've made so many great new friends but now comes the hard part. Distance can separate good friends in the worst way so it take a concerted effort on the parts of both friends to maintain those friendships. SOmetimes friendships require a lot of work to maintain or the next thing you know you're asking yourself about "old what's his name" that you once spent a few weeks with long ago.

Friendships are great, Jeannie, and can be the cornerstone to a great life so please do what you have to so the gains you've made this summer don't slip through your fingers.

Come on home, now, and bring your dirty laundry with you so you can show your folks some of those skills you've mastered while away at college..