Sunday, June 29, 2008

'Tis 8 o' clock on a Sunday evening. As we've told each other many times, all of kids are lacking sleep and stressing a little about our workload. However, we are surviving and rejuvenating ourselves with quick trips to the mall in Ithaca and making new friends.

I'll admit, I have been missing my friends and family a little bit. Yet, I am grateful to have been chosen for this opportunity and am making plenty of new friends to enhance my experience here at Cornell U. I tell stories about my friends back home to kids I've met here so far, and I'll surely have stories of my new friends to take back home.

Nonetheless, not all free time can be used for fun. Just the other day, in the Freedom and Justice class we had over 100 pages to read in two nights. Some workload, huh?

Speaking of workload, I have to type the first draft of an essay about Plato and his view on democracy before tomorrow morning. So this is where I'll leave you all.

Peace!

Chelsey Whitworth



1 comment:

Don Gosney said...

Chelsey,

How wonderful to hear from you.

I can't tell you how much I enjoyed the photo--it summed things up perfectly. Here we had a couple of friends doing the normal tourist things and it worked just fine.

Last year the recurring theme in many of the emails was this whole laundry thing and while that;'s still high on the blog posting list this year, what I'm reading more about is this mall that seems to have a soothing affect on you all. Is there something about this mall that's different than what we see here at home? I'm sure it's filled with kiosks every few feet selling mobile phones and it has to have roaming gangs of street youths making adults feel uneasy. And surely it has every variety of unhealthy food to offer.

What else is there at this mall that makes you all want to spend so much time there when you could be back in your room studying away?

Maybe you can snap a few photos for us so we can understand it better.

By the way, can you tell us a little about what it is they're filling your heads with in this class of yours?