Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A condensation of my last two days. Yesterday was the first day of class, which unlike most, had very little administrative things and more subject matter. We explored the theory of evolutionary psychology. This was both interesting and engaging. After lecture we moved into our smaller study sections of 25 or so people and did some pretty interesting studies on ourselves that turned out some interesting results. After that I decided to explore college town and as the locals call it "The Commons" all this travel though a long distance was done on foot, and by the end of it I could already begin to feel my Cornell calves forming. When I returned to campus I went to a career seminar by Casey Carr an administrative person at Cornell who also teaches about this subject. In the seminar we got to better meet the people in our group and discuss some interesting subjects. After the seminar I decided to go swimming at Helen Newman Hall, I only swam for about an hour though because of my knee beginning to give me a lot of pain. When I left the pool I began to get really stuffed up although i don't believe this to be a very significant piece of information.

Today we finished our lecture on evolutionary psychology and began our discussion on cultures, and the psychologies that occur in those places around the globe. The idea that in western culture we are very individualistic, and in the eastern Asian cultures, people are very interdependent. more to come tomorrow

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Have fun guys. But of course do well in class. Thanks for taking the time to do this, your family and friends really enjoy it.

Mom Jawad

Don Gosney said...

Great to hear from you and learn some of what's going on both in your classes and the whole social stuff.

We can't wait to read more in the days to come.

Help us out, though, by making sure to post your name with your blog posts. Sometimes it doesn't come through who's doing the writing. Then again, some of us can use all the help we can get.