Friday, June 27, 2008

One week down, Two more to go

I just finished my first week of summer college. Wow. I had a quiz today in my psychology class and I feel that I did well. It was 5 questions that had to be answered in paragraph form. Each question had about three other questions within them. The quiz covered topics lectured in class, our TA section and our reading. Ana , Yoline and I studied and prepared for the quiz by going to to our text books website.http://www.wwnorton.com/college/psych/socialpsych/. Here we found chapter reviews, chapter outlines, flashcards and best of all mini multiple choice quizzes. We took the quizzes for all of the chapters that we covered this week. Each online quiz was 25 questions each. I feel that this helped clear up any confusion about certain topics that seem very similar. It help my performance on today's quiz. I'm not sure of when I will receive my grade on the quiz but will report when I do.

Today I also had a meeting with my mentor Jenny Martinez. Jenny is from Chicago, but lives here in Ithaca. She has a total of four mentor students including me. Today we met at a local lounge , spoke about our first week at Cornell and then wound down by playing a board/card game called Apples to Apples. I feel comfortable with her.

Overall this week has been great. I have to admit , there were sometimes this week when I felt down because of the stress of the amount of reading, being away from home, and dealing with this strange weather. I would consider these things as inconveniences. But when I weigh the knowledge I'm getting from here with the inconveniences, I get an equation that looks like this
Advantages/inconveniences= advantages weigh out much more!
-Wendy Espinoza

No comments: